Bruce Mayer, MBA, CPA
Audit & Assurance | Partner
Bruce Mayer joined Wegner CPAs in 1988 and currently serves as a Partner in the Assurance Department, working primarily on audits and tax returns of cooperatives, nonprofits, employee benefit plans and commercial businesses. With over twenty-nine years’ experience, Bruce performs audits of all kinds and provides consulting services on taxation of nonprofits and cooperatives. Bruce enjoys helping clients solve problems and providing clients advice on accounting and tax strategies that meet their needs. Bruce’s career in public accounting has given him extensive experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (NSAC)
- National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA)
- City of Madison Water Utility Board
- United States Federation of Worker Cooperatives (USFWC)
- Masters of Business Administration, Accounting; University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Bachelor of Arts, Phi Beta Kappa, Botany Major; University of Wisconsin – Madison
When not at work, Bruce enjoys a variety of pursuits indoors and out. He keeps a vegetable garden along with fruit and nut trees, and is an avid bicycle rider having participated in dozens of century and cross-state rides.
A fan of good restaurants and great cooking, his favorite local spot is the Osteria Papavero, and had his best meal ever at Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill in Las Vegas. Bruce’s favorite dishes to cook include risotto, big salads, and vegan chocolate chip cookies (his own secret recipe.)