Pete Oettinger, CPA, CGMA
Tax & Business Services | Partner
Pete Oettinger, Partner, joined Wegner CPAs in 1992 and currently leads the following practice groups: Litigation and Forensics, Pharmacy, and German Companies.
Pete’s clients range in size from $500,000 in revenue to over $2 billion in purchases for corporations and cooperatives. Pete’s litigation practice has specialized in assisting non-compliant taxpayers to come into compliance with IRS and State tax authorities, and various business dispute and fraud work. Pete also assists independent pharmacy owners throughout the country with cash flow, financing, profitability and tax compliance. He is fluent in German and specializes in helping German companies minimize taxes and maximize profits.
Pete specializes in the following services and industries:
- Litigation and forensics
- Pharmacy services
- German companies
- Construction and real estate services
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Multi-state tax considerations
- Estate planning
- Business succession
- Taxation of cooperatives
- Bank financing
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Member, Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- Dale Carnegie Leadership Training Program
- Board Member & Finance Committee Member, National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) – Madison Chapter
- Bachelor of Science, Public Accounting; Marquette University
In his free time, Pete enjoys being with his family and enjoying Wisconsin’s great outdoors through hiking and fishing. He can also be found in the kitchen, cooking and baking with new ingredients and recipes, or at his cottage up north.