Jason Stephens, CPA
Audit & Assurance | Partner
Jason Stephens, Partner, joined Wegner CPAs in 1999 and is part of the firm’s Assurance Department. With more than twenty years of experience, Jason works with a diverse set of clients and specializes in audit and compliance matters for tax-exempt organizations, but also works with many for-profit companies that receive grant funding. Enjoying this broad range of work, Jason is dedicated to helping his clients find and implement operational improvements, while remaining compliant to the special regulations for commercial and tax-exempt organizations who receive state and federal funding. Jason specializes in providing clients with expert services including:
- Financial audits of many different types of organizations
- Tax return preparation for both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations
- Compliance audits, including the Federal Uniform Audit Guidance, the State of Wisconsin Department of Health Services Audit Guide, and Consolidated HUD Audit Guide.
- Education on cost allocation and OMB Circulars A-110 and A-122, Benchmarking for Nonprofit Organizations and Board Governance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Community Shares of Wisconsin
- United Way of Dane County
- Past Volunteer, Project Home Paint-a-Thon
- Treasurer, Waunakee Youth Girls Basketball
- Bachelors Degree of Business Administration, Accounting; University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
An avid sports fan, Jason spends free time playing golf and basketball, as well as cheering on the Wisconsin Badgers, Packers and Brewers. In addition, as a father of three young children – to whom he attributes the deterioration of his hairline – Jason’s time away from the office is often filled with family happenings and activities. If there is any free time leftover, Jason can be found reading, watching movies and traveling when he gets the chance.