- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Nonprofit Accounting
April 6, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm CDT$140
4 CPE Credit Hours in Accounting
Are you responsible for the accounting and reporting for your nonprofit, yet struggle with accounting fluency? Are you a non-accountant who needs to understand the basic reporting issues for your organization? If so, this is the class for you. This course is designed to be a highly interactive and hands-on exploration of the fundamental concepts of nonprofit accounting.
- Analyze the differences in cash versus accrual accounting
- Explore recording of contributions versus exchange transactions
- Understand valuation and documentation for in-kind donations
- Examine year-end adjustments to prepare for the audit
- Distinguish requirements for recording and reporting donor restrictions versus board designations
Melodi Bunting, CPA, CMA, CGMA, MBA, Senior Manager, Advisory Services
Melodi returned to public accounting when she joined Wegner CPAs’ in 2014 after teaching in higher education, consulting with not-for-profits, and preparing consolidations and international reporting for a retailer. While at Wegner she has been developing and teaching a variety of internal and external training opportunities as well as working with the audit team performing audits, reviews, and advisory services. Melodi annually attends continuing professional education seminars on accounting, auditing, compliance, and tax issues.
- Group Internet Based
- Program Level: Basic
- 4 CPE Credit Hours in Accounting
- No advance preparation required
- No prerequisites
- Refund, Cancellation, and Complaint Resolution Policy
Wegner CPAs is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.