Kristine Boerboom, CPA, CMA, MBA
Audit & Assurance | Partner
As Partner at Wegner CPAs, Kristine has more than fifteen years’ experience working on audits and tax returns for employee benefit plans, non-profits, cooperatives and commercial businesses. Kristine currently serves as the Partner in charge of the firm’s employee benefit plan audit practice. Kristine’s career in the employee benefit plan area has given her extensive experience in the following areas:
- Auditing of single-employer, multi-employer and multiple employer plans as well as plans with a variety of funding arrangements, including defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans, 401(k) plans, health and welfare plans and ESOPs.
- Understanding the DOL Form 5500 compliance requirements
- Developing practice aids and tools to support the firm’s employee benefit plan practice to streamline audit processes and improve audit quality.
- Consulting on the application of professional standards providing guidance on all aspects of ERISA issues.
- Actively utilizing the firm’s membership with the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center and attending highly recognized national seminars.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Management Accountant
- Advanced Defined Benefit Plans Audit Certificate
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Girls on the Run Dane County, Past Treasurer
- Volunteer accountant for Girls on the Run South Central Wisconsin
- Volunteer accountant for Sun Prairie Community Schools
- Bachelor of Science, Major: Accounting, Minor: Business Administration; Winona State University
- Master of Business Administration; University of Tennessee