Katy Mering, CPA
Tax Planning & Compliance | Partner
Katy Mering, Partner, has been practicing public accounting since 1981. She joined the firm of Fishkin Horman & Associates in 1988 and became a member of the Wegner CPAs staff in 1997 when the two firms merged.
Katy currently leads Wegner CPAs’ Baraboo office and agribusiness division as well as provides clients with excellent tax compliance and planning services. With more than 30 years of public accounting experience, Katy specializes in providing financial and tax planning services for:
- Small Businesses
- Personal service companies
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Baraboo Community Scholarship Corporation
- Baraboo Kiwanis
- Network for Charitable Giving, Treasurer
- Home Health United/VNS Foundation, Treasurer& Secretary
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting; University of Wisconsin – Madison
Away from the office, Katy and her husband embrace the Wisconsin winters, and they both enjoy cross-country and downhill skiing and winter hiking. In addition, she stays active in warmer months by biking, walking and swimming. Katy and her husband are active master swimmers and compete in local and national swim meets.