Derek Hilst, CPA
Audit & Assurance | Senior Manager
Derek is a Senior Manager in Wegner CPAs’ Assurance Department and leads the Rock County area office. He has over twelve years’ experience providing accounting, auditing and not-for-profit advisory services to clients throughout Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. Derek annually attends continuing professional education seminars on accounting, auditing, compliance, and tax issues related to tax-exempt organizations. Derek came to Wegner CPAs in 2009 with seven years of experience in income tax preparation and business consulting.
- Experienced in financial audits of many different types of organizations
- Experienced in compliance audits, including Uniform Guidance, Government Auditing Standards, and various requirements of Wisconsin and Illinois State Departments.
- Tax-exempt financial and compliance auditing niche
- Wrote various Timely Topic articles for clients
- Articles published in WSAE publication, Vantage Point
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Member, Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- Board Treasurer and Audit Committee Chair, Nutrition and Health Associates (Rock County Wisconsin WIC Program)
- Member of the Janesville Morning Rotary Club
- Bachelor of Science, Accountancy Major; Upper Iowa University
When not at work, Derek loves spending time with his family and friends. He also loves watching hockey and baseball games.