Blogging Beyond the Numbers
Are you looking for a specific check or invoice? Perhaps you just made an entry, but you can’t seem to find it anywhere? Here is a way to find those missing transactions without wasting precious time. You can search for transactions in Peachtree based on specific criteria that you enter.
1. From the Edit menu, select Find Transactions
2. Select a Filter range
- This is a 2-step process. First you must select the dates to search. It can be one day or multiple years. We recommend a user-chosen range.
- Second you select your filters. Are you looking for a credit memo, check, Journal entry? Select that for the transaction filter or set to “all” to search all.
- You can also filter based on Reference number, Customer / Vendor / Employee ID , Job ID, Account number, or my favorite – transaction amount.
- You can also select more than one filter. Do you want checks written to a certain vendor over a certain amount? No problem! Select the filters and you are on your way!
3. Click the Find button to search for specific transactions
- The search results display in the field at the bottom of the window.
4. If transactions are found, select and display a transaction from the search results:
- Select the transaction and click the Detail button or
- Double-click the transaction
Note: The search is not limited to transactions in the two open fiscal years. If the search results include transactions dated outside your open fiscal years, only those transactions that have not been purged will display. These transactions cannot be edited, but can be viewed.
This feature can save hours of searching, especially when you are “cleaning up” your books.