Certified Nonprofit Accounting Professional (CNAP) Course
September 12 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm CDT$699
Certified Nonprofit Accounting Professional (CNAP)
Do you want to move up the ladder by building your financial skill set; are you new to your nonprofit financial position; or are you an experienced professional looking for a way to build your staff’s skills? If so, then Wegner CPAs’ CNAP training series is for you!
The Certified Nonprofit Accounting Professional (CNAP) program is designed to recognize excellence in the not-for-profit industry through comprehensive qualification, training, and examination. The program is beneficial for bookkeepers, staff accountants, and any professional charged with the financial management of a non-profit organization. Through a minimal time commitment, participants receive intensive training from individuals dedicated to serving non-profit organizations.
4 online training days and the certification exam are included
September 12, 19, 26, October 3, 2023
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Central Time each day
- Identify the IRS nonprofit requirements and core elements of the IRS Form 990
- List the key GAAP and auditing principles applicable in the nonprofit financial reporting environment
- Define the form and purpose of each type of financial statement and analyze how they correlate to each other
- Identify critical fund accounting software functionality and its relationship to financial reporting
- Define the core concepts in internal controls and identify who requires them
- Name the 5 key elements for successful budget development and implementation
- Distinguish the purpose of different types of budgets and the situations in which they would be used
- Classify the differences between variable costs, semi-variable costs, and fixed costs
- Calculate personnel costs and fringe benefit rates
- Name the top 10 basic responsibilities of nonprofit boards
To receive CNAP certification participants must have a minimum of 18 months experience in a financial position within a not-for-profit organization, confirmed by a letter signed by their employer. Participants do not need to be employed within the finance department per se but must submit verification from their employer that they serve in a financial position, and have done so for at least 18-months. If a participant does not meet this requirement he/she may still complete the course but will not be eligible for certification until the 18 month experience criteria is met.
$699 per person. Space is limited to 20 participants. Limited number of scholarships available. Applications are due no later than 2 weeks before the start of the class, but funds are limited so early application is encouraged.
Other Class Information
- Group Internet Based
- Program Level: Basic
- 16 CPE credit hours in accounting
- No advance preparation required
- Refund, Cancellation, and Complaint Resolution Policy
Wegner CPAs is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.