Position Mission: Under the direction of the In-Charge, the Staff Accountant assists in providing audit services to clients.
How will you achieve this mission?
– Perform auditing procedures, such as cash, investments, payables, fixed assets, debt, and compliance.
– Prepare financial statements using appropriate software.
– Prepare workpapers with use and explanation of tick marks and cross-referencing. Prepare memos to document audit procedures.
– Prepare not-for-profit and/or for-profit tax returns.
– Efficiently complete audit programs, checklists and workpapers without over-auditing.
– Review internal controls and offer methods for improvement when deficiencies are found.
– Write audit letters, including drafting management letter comments.
What do you need to successfully achieve this mission?
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
– Eligibility to sit for CPA exam or working toward CPA is highly desired (don’t worry, we’ll pay for it!)
– Prior internship experience would be fantastic!
– Knowledge of general ledger accounting software
– Understanding of GAAP
– Demonstrated ability to relate well to clients
Hybrid work options available!