Position Mission: Under the direction of the Supervisor, the Non-Profit Tax Specialist is responsible for completing the IRS Form 990, Form 990-T, Form 990-EZ, Form 990-PF, and Form 990-N’s along with any applicable state filings for tax exempt organizations. In addition, the Non-Profit Tax Specialist will be responsible for organizing, analyzing, and adjusting clients’ financial and nonfinancial records to facilitate the timely and accurate preparation of required tax returns and forms.
How will you achieve this mission?
- Organize client documents and records.
- Perform and document research as required and as assigned.
- Prepare trial balance, financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Analyze accounts and propose bookkeeping/adjusting entries.
- Develop working knowledge of tax law and regulations for tax-exempt organizations.
- Prepare applicable federal and state filings, as listed above.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What do you need to achieve this mission?
Associate’s Degree in Accounting required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite- specifically Word and Excel
- Preferred experience with tax accounting software, or the ability to learn.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
Flexible and remote work options available!
Wegner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.