Under the direction of the In-Charge Accountant, this person will assist in providing accounting and payroll services to Wegner CPAs clients resulting in a high level of client satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter bills and prepare payments
- Record manual transactions including checks written and deposits made
- Electronically import and export client data
- Prepare sales tax returns
- Reconcile cash and prepare bank reconciliations
- Make adjusting journal entries
- Prepare interim financial statements for review
- Provide regular and frequent communication with in-charge regarding the status of assignments in progress.
- Process payrolls for multiple clients
- Responsible for initiating timely tax payments
- Prepare quarterly and annual payroll reports
- Greet persons entering the office
- Answer, screen, and forward calls providing information and taking messages
- Perform tasks within assigned time frames and budgets
- Provide regular and frequent communication with in-charge regarding the status of assignments in progress
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Support staff in various task as needed
Two year Associate Degree in Accounting Preferred.
Required Skills and Experience
- One (1) to two (2) years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified, but will train the right individual
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience using accounting and payroll software preferred
- Knowledge of generally accepted principles of accounting
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to learn new concepts efficiently
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks efficiently
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
Interacting both by phone and face to face with clients and staff.
Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment-very limited exposure to physical risk. Equipment used: computer, fax machine, telephone, postage machine, copier and scanner.
Essential demands include sitting at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time and using a telephone to communicate with clients and staff.
Typical business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.