At Wegner CPAs, People First Culture is not just a catchphrase, it is a core value. We believe our staff is our most valuable asset, and it is a priority to develop and retain our talent. We are invested in our staff and their well-being and are happy to accommodate the work environment that is right for you, including remote, hybrid, or in person.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for achieving and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction by providing tax and various accounting services to clients.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with new and existing clients, including routine check-ins with clients.
- Build accounting client services engagements for gathering financial data, compiling information and preparing reports.
- Coordinate team workload on accounting service engagements and provide assistance to the team as needed ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Assume in-charge responsibilities for multiple clients.
- Act as controller for multiple clients.
- Prepare tax returns, including 1120, 1120S, 1065, Sales Tax, and Personal Property Tax.
- Plan and execute financial statement engagements.
- Prepare and review appropriate workpapers.
- Attend prospect meetings with Managers or Partners.
- Begin to develop a Personal Marketing Plan.
- Complete projects efficiently within established time budgets.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive accounting experience leading to and/or including the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Proficient in ProSystems Tax, Fixed Assets and Engagement software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of general ledger accounting software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- Knowledge of depreciation methods and lives.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to clients.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork and leadership skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.