Wegner CPAs is looking to add an accountant to its Tax group. This individual will help create, implement, monitor, and update a tax plan to help its clients. The individual will work with clients to follow proper tax codes and estate planning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Professional Competence and Technical Skills
- Manage large, more complex engagements.
- Serve as an expert and internal resource for an area of accounting or tax.
- Develop a reputation for expertise in the accounting profession or one’s chosen industry niche or sector.
- Work with clients on S-Corp tax forms
- Work with clients on Merger and Acquisitions transactions
- Work with clients on State and local tax issues
- Participate in professional associations, obtain referrals from client and non-client organizations in one’s chosen area, and accept speaking engagements to outside groups.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to members of the department and the firm.
- Increase participation in client and non-client networking events.
- Involvement in associations or activities related to one’s chosen niche or sector.
- Acquire new engagements with existing clients and new clients, especially in one’s area of interest.
- Successful execution of a Personal Marketing Plan, including a list of prospects and benchmarks for measuring success in marketing the firm’s services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Certified Public Accountant required.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive accounting experience leading to and/or including the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising others recommended.
- Knowledge with 704b allocations to partners
- Knowledge with code 736 transactions
- Knowledge with 338h10
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computerized general ledger packages.
- Proficient in ProSystems Tax, Fixed Assets and Engagement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- Proven ability to perform as a leader, ie. ability to motivate, mentor and develop staff and teams.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive business development practices including participation in professional organizations and maintaining relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively cross sell to existing clients.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated business planning skills in all areas.
- Demonstrated efficiency in completing multiple projects within limited time budgets.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and outstanding technical competencies.
- Demonstrated commitment and loyalty to an organization or firm.
Extensive work interacting both by phone and face to face with clients and staff.
Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment with limited exposure to physical risk.
Essential demands include sitting at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time and using a telephone to communicate with clients and staff.
Typical business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Additional work hours will be expected during peak season (generally January 15th through April 15th).