The Supervisor is responsible for achieving and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction by providing tax and various accounting services to clients and supervising, developing and mentoring staff.
- Prepare complex business tax returns and financial statement engagements.
- Research client questions and provide useful business advice to clients.
- Serve as a resource by reviewing tax returns and financial statements.
- Assume increasing levels of responsibility for managing clients and be a relationship manager.
- Develop and execute a personal marketing plan.
- Increase attendance at client events.
- Identify niches or sectors in which to develop contacts, begin attending non-client events in these niches or sectors, and/or begin active membership in relevant associations.
- Participate in new client proposals.
- Serve as a mentor to team members, provide critical and constructive feedback, and keep team members supplied with work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Supervise Staff and Senior Accountants on larger engagements.
- Evaluate performance of Staff and Senior Accountants and recommend training needs.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive accounting experience leading to and/or related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and accounting softwares.
- Proficient in ProSystems Tax, Fixed Assets and Engagement software.
- Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork and leadership skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a public accounting firm desired.
Extensive work interacting both by phone and face to face with clients and staff.
Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment-very limited exposure to physical risk. Equipment used: computer, fax machine, telephone, copier, and scanner.
Essential demands include sitting at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time and using a telephone to communicate with clients and staff.
Typical business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Additional work hours will be expected during tax season (generally January 15- April 15).