Wegner CPAs, LLP is a rapidly growing assurance and tax firm guiding clients to succeed in an ever-changing world.
If you are interested in an opportunity to be a valued advisor to your clients, consider this tax position with Wegner CPAs. This is an opportunity to work directly with partners and staff at the firm to serve the tax compliance and advisory needs of clients. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and coach staff as they develop their technical and professional skills. Wegner has the ability to offer upward advancement, flexibility in work schedule, and relationships within a team that really cares about you and your success.
Key aspects of this role:
- You want to be a trusted advisor to your clients to help them find solutions to their complex tax and business issues.
- You have demonstrated expertise in a specific for-profit niche or tax subject area.
- You have some experience with GAAP and financial statements, or are willing to learn how GAAP matters interact with federal and state tax law.
- You are interested in working with closely-held businesses and their owners.
- You want to assist other team members with their professional growth as you continue to develop your leadership skills and career.
- You value a balance between your work and personal lives.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Be a key member of the team providing various tax compliance and consulting services to industry-specific clients.
- Consult on various areas of corporate, flow through, and individual taxation.
- Research various tax matters, respond to tax authority inquiries, and make recommendations for client consideration.
- Coordinate with other team members on staffing and other aspects of engagement administration.
- Lead internal and/or external projects as appropriate.
- Participate in internal and external continuing professional development programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Masters/advanced degree desirable.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of four years of experience providing tax compliance and consulting services.
- Demonstrate organization, communication, project management, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Successful track record of leading and supervising others.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, continuous learning, and timely completion of projects.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office programs; experience with CCH products a plus.