Under the direction of the In-Charge, the Staff Accountant assists in providing tax and various accounting services to clients.
- Complete tasks assigned by the In-Charge.
- Using a variety of accounting software to enter bills, prepare payments and record deposits.
- Make adjusting journal entries.
- Electronically import and export client data.
- Reconcile cash and prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare interim financial statements including supplementary schedules.
- Prepare 1099’s.
- Prepare tax returns including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040s, Sales Tax, Personal Property Tax and payroll.
- Plan and execute financial statement engagements.
- Prepare depreciation schedules.
- Prepare and organize appropriate workpapers.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Eligible to sit for CPA exam or working toward Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired.
Skills and Experience
- Prior internship experience is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting software.
- Understanding of GAAP.
- Knowledge of depreciation methods and lives.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated efficiency in completing multiple projects within limited time budgets.
Extensive work interacting both by phone and face to face with clients and staff.
Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment-very limited exposure to physical risk. Equipment used: computer, fax machine, telephone, copier and scanner.
Essential demands include sitting at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time and using a telephone to communicate with clients and staff.
Typical business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Additional work hours will be expected during tax season (generally January 15- April 15).