At Wegner CPAs, People First Culture is not just a catchphrase, it is a core value. We believe our staff is our most valuable asset, and it is a priority to develop and retain our talent. We are invested in our staff and their well-being and are happy to accommodate the work environment that is right for you, including remote, hybrid, or in person.
Under the direction of the In-Charge, the Staff Accountant assists in providing audit services to clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic auditing procedures, such as cash, investments, payables, fixed assets, debt, and compliance.
- Prepare basic financial statements using appropriate software.
- Prepare workpapers with use and explanation of tick marks and cross-referencing. Prepare memos to document audit procedures.
- Prepare not-for-profit and/or for-profit tax returns.
- Efficiently complete audit programs, checklists and workpapers without over-auditing.
- Review internal controls and offer methods for improvement when deficiencies are found.
- Write audit letters, including drafting management letter comments.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Eligible to sit for CPA exam or working toward Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired.
Skills and Experience
- Prior internship experience is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting software.
- Understanding of GAAP.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to clients.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated efficiency in completing multiple projects within limited time budgets.