The Senior Accountant is responsible for achieving and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction by providing audit services to clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with new and existing clients, including routine check-ins with clients.
- Take on in-charge responsibilities for multiple clients. Oversee all aspects of the engagement from planning and correspondence with client to wrap up and final report issuance.
- Complete basic auditing procedures and financial statement preparation efficiently and in line with reasonable budget expectations.
- Demonstrate advanced analytical skills and accounting concepts.
- Perform advanced auditing procedures, such as analysis of grants and other revenue accounts, promises to give, complicated investment transactions, and various compliance procedures.
- Perform advanced financial statement preparation, such as complex supplementary schedules, footnote disclosures and statements of cash flows.
- Handle tax issues on ‘For-Profit’ engagements, including tax computations and preparation of information for corporate tax returns.
- Review workpapers and basic financial statements prepared by staff.
- Attend prospect meetings with Managers and/or Partners.
- Regularly attend networking events and/or fundraisers held by clients.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive accounting experience leading to and/or including the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to clients.
- Demonstrated effective teamwork and leadership skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated efficiency in completing multiple projects within limited time budgets.
Extensive work interacting both by phone and face to face with clients and staff.
Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment with limited exposure to physical risk. Most client work is done offsite at client locations so some local travel is necessary.
Essential demands include sitting at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time and using a telephone to communicate with clients and staff.
Typical business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Additional work hours will be expected during peak season.
To apply for this job please visit www.wegnercpas.com.