The Supervisor is responsible for achieving and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction by providing Virtual Outsourced Controllership services for multiple clients and supervising, developing and mentoring staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee all the client’s operational accounting functions.
- Monthly remote client meetings related to financial analysis and strategic planning.
- Review of monthly financial reports and analysis prepared by the Outsourced Accountant.
- Serves as the primary liaison between client and client’s other professional service providers.
- Reviews cash flow information and initiates client payments for approved bills
- Attend and present at client finance committee and board meetings.
- Maintain oversight of the client engagement team.
- Budgeting and forecasting – assist with the preparation of the operating budget
- Manage client’s risk and maintain an efficient and effective finance operation
- Preparation of complex client Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other management reports.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the client’s reported financial results.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, tax planning, and compliance
- Manages unexpected and sometimes urgent firm or client matters as they arise.
- Assume a leadership role by serving as a mentor or supervisor to other staff, providing critical feedback, and giving staff opportunities to grow professionally by helping to develop their skills.
- Develop a marketing plan and obtain training as needed in marketing.
- Review and maintain client team task budgets.
- Prepare annual service agreements and pricing updates.
- Approve additional client requests and additional outside scope agreements.
- Support business development and growth initiatives of the firm.
Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a mid-level finance or accounting position, and a CPA or CMA preferred
- Experience in public accounting a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting, forecasting and profitability analysis
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Extensive work interacting both by phone and face to face with clients and staff.
Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment with limited exposure to physical risk.
Essential demands include sitting at a desk, working on a computer for long periods of time, and using a telephone to communicate with clients and staff.
Typical business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Additional work hours will be expected during peak season.