At Wegner CPAs, People First Culture is not just a catchphrase, it is a core value. We believe our staff is our most valuable asset, and it is a priority to develop and retain our talent. We are invested in our staff and their well-being and are happy to accommodate the work environment that is right for you, including remote, hybrid, or in person.
The Manager is responsible for achieving and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction by providing Virtual Outsourced Controllership and CFO services for multiple clients and supervising, developing and mentoring staff. Under the direction of the Partner in Charge of Accounting Solution Group, the Manager serves as the key “Trusted Advisor” for accounting and advisory clients and manages and mentors the accounting team assigned to the client.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage expectations effectively through clear and continuous communication with client and/or other accountants
- Manage budgets within Accounting Solution Group
- Maintain the primary direct relationship with assigned clients, meeting with each client at least monthly
- Ensures team delivers exceptional client service
- Primary direct relationship with assigned clients
- Develop and use KPIs/metrics in discussions
- Coordinate the preparation of necessary board meeting materials and attend meetings to present findings
- Relies on financial reporting efforts of the team and meets with outsourced client as needed.
- Strategic planning with client – budgeting, cash flow and forecasting
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end
- Primary client advocate in relationships with client’s attorney, insurance, banks and other outside professionals.
- Management of new client implementations
- Provide ongoing support to the ASG team assigned to client.
- ASG budgeting and resource management regarding client engagements.
- Support business development and growth initiatives of the firm.
- Ongoing staff mentoring and supervision.
- Responsible for managing ASG budget and leading profitable area
Skills and Experience
- 7-10 years of experience in an accounting position, and a CPA or CMA preferred
- Experience in public accounting a plus
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Significant supervisory experience (3+ years)
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting, forecasting and profitability analysis
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented