Wegner CPAs is proud to be voted by our employees as a Top Workplace in 2023!
We’re seeking an Accounting Intern to join our Tax and Business Services department in the spring semester of 2025. This internship can be part time or full time – we’ll work around your schedule! Open to Sophomores or above. We offer competitive pay, flexible hours, and a team of supportive and helpful professionals to help you establish your career in public accounting!
Interns can expect to perform the following duties under the guidance and support of senior accountants:
- Complete tasks assigned by the In-Charge.
- Using a variety of accounting software to enter bills, prepare payments and record deposits.
- Make adjusting journal entries.
- Electronically import and export client data.
- Reconcile cash and prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare interim financial statements including supplementary schedules.
- Prepare 1099’s.
- Prepare tax returns including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040s, Sales Tax, Personal Property Tax and payroll.
- Plan and execute financial statement engagements.
- Prepare depreciation schedules.
- Prepare and organize appropriate workpapers.
Wegner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.