Full Job Description
Position Mission: Under the direction of the In-Charge, the Staff Accountant provides tax and various accounting services to clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete tasks assigned by the In-Charge.
- Using a variety of accounting software to enter bills, prepare payments and record deposits.
- Make adjusting journal entries.
- Electronically import and export client data.
- Reconcile cash and prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare interim financial statements including supplementary schedules.
- Prepare 1099’s.
- Prepare tax returns including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040s, Sales Tax, Personal Property Tax and payroll.
- Plan and execute financial statement engagements.
- Prepare depreciation schedules.
- Prepare and organize appropriate workpapers.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Eligible to sit for CPA exam or working toward Certified Public Accountant (CPA) desired. Don’t have your CPA yet? No problem! We’ll pay for it!
Remote and flexible work options available!
Wegner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.