Website WegnerCPAs Wegner CPAs
Position Mission: Responsible for achieving and maintaining a high level of client satisfaction by providing accounting and consulting services to our commercial and not-for profits clients
How will you achieve this mission:
- Manage day-to-day accounting reporting accuracy for assigned clients utilizing available tools to ensure efficient client workflow and on-time processing of client information.
- Utilize various accounting software (Bill.com, Sage Intacct, and QuickBooks) to provide overall daily coordination of on-time processing of client transactions.
- Maintain client contact and coordinate the flow of information to the tax team, outside auditors, and clients’ other professional service providers.
- Coordinate the work product of the A/P, A/R, and Payroll Specialists assigned to the engagement.
- Monitor client cash flows; maintain required schedules.
- Approve each Bill.com bill before release to the client for approval.
- Prepare bank and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform and complete clients’ daily and monthly transactions and month-end closings.
- Review and approve transaction coding for general ledger account classifications.
- Prepare and organize appropriate workpapers.
- Review the general ledger for missing transactions and overall accuracy.
- Maintain documented accounting procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements for assigned clients.
- Prepare interim financial statements, including supplementary schedules, if needed.
- Develop technical competency with GAAP
- Build and maintain client relationships throughout engagements providing outstanding customer service.
- Initiate regular communication with and weekly reporting to engagement leaders for each client engagement.
What do you need to achieve this mission?
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Requires 3-5 years of accounting or job-related experience.
Public accounting experience is preferred but not required.
CPA preferred but not required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel.
Demonstrated knowledge of other general ledger accounting software.
Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and other methods of accounting.
Demonstrated ability to relate well to clients.
Wegner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.