Position Mission: Under the direction of the Department Partner, the Manager provides audit services to clients and supervises, mentors, and develops staff.
How will you achieve this mission?
- Risk assessment: demonstrated success in planning and managing engagements so that sufficient, competent audit evidence is obtained without over-auditing.
- Internal resource: track record of effectiveness, including technical review, leadership of staff training and development, and audit system development.
- Outside recognition: continued development as an expert in one’s area of concentration, including involvement in professional activities and consultation, and publications in one’s chosen niche or sector.
- Entrepreneurship: innovation and development of a new area of service (examples include management consulting, strategic planning, IT development, and valuation analysis) or a new niche (comparable to our current restaurant and coop niches), including development of business and marketing plans for the service or niche.
- Budget consciousness: demonstrate efficiency in completing complex audit engagements within budget constraints.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) oversight
- Relationship management: track record of effectiveness, including the demonstrated ability to uphold professional standards, client retention and satisfaction, and fee management and collection.
- Management: effective participation in firm- or department-wide management activities, including strategic planning with partners, and decision-making about staff promotion, hiring, and firing.
- Enforces high five star client service standards on engagement teams.
- Participation in development of firm-wide and departmental marketing plans
- Leadership in developing and sustaining networking events (roundtables, conferences, or informal executive-level groups) and marketing opportunities.
What do you need to achieve this mission?
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- CPA Required
- Proficient in Excel
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
Remote work options available, but candidates must be local to the Milwaukee or Madison area.
Wegner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.