Be part of a growing firm with a collaborative culture where the opportunities are endless! At Wegner CPAs, it’s our people who make a difference. No matter what stage you’re at in your career, we’re invested in you and your career path. We guide you along your journey, offering exciting challenges and exceptional rewards!
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant for our Baraboo location in beautiful downtown Baraboo! Duties will include:
- Entering bills, preparing payments, and recording deposits.
- Making adjusting journal entries.
- Electronically importing and exporting client data.
- Reconciling cash and preparing bank reconciliations.
- Preparing interim financial statements and supplementary schedules.
- Preparing 1099s.
- Preparing a variety of tax returns.
- Assisting the in-charge with onboarding new clients.
- Preparing after-the-fact quarterly and annual payroll reports.
- Planning and executing financial statement engagements.
- Preparing depreciation schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional hours will be expected during the month of January (including 1/2-days on Saturdays) to close out client books and gather data to prepare 1099s.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and previous related experience. If not currently CPA certified, must be eligible to sit for the exam or working toward certification.
Should be proficient in MS Office and have experience with GL accounting software. Requires an understanding of GAAP and knowledge of depreciation methods and lives.