At Wegner CPAs, People First Culture is not just a catchphrase, it is a core value. We believe our staff is our most valuable asset, and it is a priority to develop and retain our talent. We are invested in our staff and their well-being and are happy to accommodate the work environment that is right for you, including remote, hybrid, or in person.
The Tax Accountant will help create, implement, monitor, and update a tax plan to help its clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Professional Competence and Technical Skills
- Manage large, more complex engagements.
- Serve as an expert and internal resource for an area of accounting or tax.
- Develop a reputation for expertise in the accounting profession or one’s chosen industry niche or sector.
- Work with clients on S-Corp tax forms
- Work with clients on Merger and Acquisitions transactions
- Work with clients on State and local tax issues
- Participate in professional associations, obtain referrals from client and non-client organizations in one’s chosen area, and accept speaking engagements to outside groups.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to members of the department and the firm.
- Increase participation in client and non-client networking events.
- Involvement in associations or activities related to one’s chosen niche or sector.
- Acquire new engagements with existing clients and new clients, especially in one’s area of interest.
- Successful execution of a Personal Marketing Plan, including a list of prospects and benchmarks for measuring success in marketing the firm’s services.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
Certified Public Accountant required.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive accounting experience leading to and/or including the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience supervising others recommended.
- Knowledge with 704b allocations to partners
- Knowledge with code 736 transactions
- Knowledge with 338h10
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computerized general ledger packages.
- Proficient in ProSystems Tax, Fixed Assets and Engagement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- Proven ability to perform as a leader, ie. ability to motivate, mentor and develop staff and teams.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive business development practices including participation in professional organizations and maintaining relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively cross sell to existing clients.
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated business planning skills in all areas.
- Demonstrated efficiency in completing multiple projects within limited time budgets.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development and outstanding technical competencies.
- Demonstrated commitment and loyalty to an organization or firm.