Website WegnerCPAs Wegner CPAs
Position Mission: Under the direction of the Department Partner, the Senior Manager will provide tax services directly to clients, manage tax client relationships, participate in tax client services from other firm offices, supervise staff, and take part in training and recruiting staff.
How will you achieve this mission?
- Proficiency in business (corporate and flow through entities) and individual tax preparation.
- Involvement in planning and managing large, more complex tax engagements.
- Recognize expertise in an area of tax; serve as an internal resource in this area.
- Assist with marketing and obtaining new clients
- Participate in evaluating potential tax practice acquisitions and be a part of the firm’s senior leadership team.
- Develop a reputation for expertise in the accounting profession or one’s chosen industry niche or sector, including continued service in professional associations, referrals from client and non-client organizations in one’s chosen area, and acceptance of speaking engagements to outside groups.
- Continued effectiveness as a relationship manager, including large, complex engagements.
- Acceptance of department management responsibilities, e.g. for oversight of scheduling, team management and staff development, accounting systems (efficient and effective procedures), and training.
- Serve as mentor to one or more supervisors/staff and demonstration of promise in development of senior staff.
- Effective participation in firm- or department-wide management activities, including strategic planning with partners, and decision-making about staff promotion, hiring, and firing.
Marketing and Networking Responsibilities
- Participation in client and non-client networking events.
- Effective involvement in associations or activities related to one’s chosen niche or sector.
- Participate in acquiring new engagements with existing clients and new clients.
- Participate in firms marketing plan.
What do you need to achieve this mission?
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in tax services.
- Proficient in CCH Axcess Tax, Document, WorkFlow (XCM), Fixed Assets, and Engagement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of GAAP.
- Outstanding leadership skills with demonstrated ability to perform as a leader.
- Ability to motivate, mentor and develop staff and teams in a team driven environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate proactive business development practices including participation in professional organizations, maintaining relationships with existing and prospective clients.
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Efficient in completing multiple projects within time budgets.
Wegner provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.